Do not rely on outdated information: Applicants for Immigrant Visas through Ciudad Juarez must submit police certificates with their applications


If you are an Immigrant Visa applicant whose consular processing goes through the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez (CDJ), Chihuahua, Mexico, and you have resided in Mexico for six months or more since age 18, the National Visa Center now requires that you submit a police certificate from all states of residence. You must include the police certificate in your NVC Packet and bring an official copy to your consular interview.

A police certificate can be obtained from most State Police agencies by contacting the agency and requesting a Letter or Certificate of No Criminal Record (Carta o Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). Fees vary by state. If a state cannot provide you with a police certificate you must submit a federal record obtained from the General Directorate for the Execution of Sanctions, National Security Commission (Dirección General de Ejecución de Sanciones, Comisión Nacional de Seguridad) located in Mexico City. It is vital that you obtain and provide the police certificate in your NVC packet, as you will not be scheduled an interview without submitting all required documents.

Soberalski Immigration Law is always very mindful of making sure you put your best foot forward. We make sure to include all necessary items on our requirement checklist for every client, and we will even provide guidance in where and how to obtain police certificates. If you have any questions or require assistance, please call our office at 414-533-5000 and we will be happy to help.

For further information please see: